Wounds UK 2014 - Activa Symposium
Attending Wounds UK Annual conference at Harrogate? Then don’t miss the Activa Symposium, Chaired by Angela Rippon
Wound care: the challenge of balancing three different needs:
- What does the patient need?
- What does the clinician need?
- What does the organisation need?
Can you keep everyone happy?
An impossible dream, or is it perfectly achievable as the patient, the clinician and the organisation all want the same thing?
The symposium will give each of the above three groups a voice:
- Patient: Angela Rippon, Vice president of the Patients Association and Activa’s Leg Health Ambassador, will speak from the patient’s perspective, drawing on the experiences of a young woman with a leg ulcer
- Clinician: Trudie Young, Director of Education and Training at the Welsh Wounds Innovation Centre, discusses the challenges of providing best care cost effectively and satisfying her patients. Not always easy in a changing NHS!
- Organisation: Graeme Cooper, National Market Access Manager for Activa Healthcare, will discuss the NHS from a health economics viewpoint, and the need to deliver high quality care whilst also reducing costs
If you are unable to attend Wounds UK in Harrogate, don’t worry - Activa will be filming the Symposium, which you can then watch on the Activa website.